You are viewing a Country Guide
What is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Look beyond the chocolate, cuckoo clocks and yodelling – contemporary Switzerland, land of four languages, is all about once-in-a-lifetime journeys, heart-racing Alpine pursuits and urban culture. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Switzerland, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Ogle the glowing Matterhorn and enjoy après-ski in Zermatt, stroll Geneva’s Old Town streets, hike through flower-strewn meadows or hop aboard the Glacier express; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Switzerland and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely PlanetSwitzerland Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – history, art, literature, music, architecture, landscapes, wildlife, the Swiss way of life
Coverage Includes: Zürich, Central Switzerland, Northern Switzerland, Mittelland, Fribourg, The Jura, Lake Geneva, Vaud, Geneva, Valais, Bernese Oberland, Ticino, Graubünden, Liechtenstein, and more