You are viewing a Country Guide
What is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks, and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive color maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Lonely Planet’s Portugal is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Explore the labyrinthine alleyways, hidden courtyards, and curving lanes of Lisbon’s Alfama district; discover the baroque churches and sprawling plazas of the Unesco World Heritage Site Ribeira in Porto, and play in the waves along the beaches of the Algarve. All with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Portugal and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Portugal:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience – history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
Coverage Includes: Lisbon, the Algarve, Lagos, the Alentejo, Estremadura, Ribatejo, the Beiras, Porto, the Douro, Tras-os-Montes, the Minho and Braga.