You are viewing a Road Trip guide
What is a Road Trip guide?
These guidebooks are suited to travelers who want to explore the best of an area by car. They concentrate on just a handful of road trips, with more space given to destinations you’ll visit along the way, their top sights, activities and tours, and where to sleep, eat and drink.
- Divided into four sections: Plan your trip, Road trips, Destinations, Rules of the road
- Regional highlights and advice to help you plan the perfect trip
- Maps, detailed directions and expert tips for easy navigation
- Full of in-depth reviews, well-kept secrets and local knowledge
Discover the freedom of open roads with Lonely Planet New Zealand’s South Island Road Trips, your passport to uniquely encountering New Zealand’s South Island by car.
Featuring four amazing road trips, plus up-to-date advice on the destinations you’ll visit along the way, you can enjoy whale watching along the Kalkoura Coast or absorb stunning lake scenery at Milford Sound, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to New Zealand’s South Island, rent a car, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet New Zealand’s South Island Road Trips:
- Lavish color and gorgeous photography throughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily – easy-to-read, full-color route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots, and be safe on the road – local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features – including Detours, Walking Tours and Link Your Trip
Covers: Christchurch, Canterbury, Marlborough, Queenstown, Wanaka, Blenheim, Nelson, Kaikoura Coast, Southern Alps, Milford Sound, Te Anau, and more