You are viewing a City Guide
What is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Lonely Planet’s New Orleansis your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Take the St Charles streetcar past grand homes and enormous oaks, catch some jazz on Frenchmen St and search out po’boy perfection – all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of New Orleans and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s New OrleansTravel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience – covering history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politicsCovers French Quarter, Faubourg Marigny & Bywater, CBD & Warehouse District, Garden, Lower Garden & Central City, Uptown & Riverbend, Mid-City, the Tremé, and more
Coverage Includes: French Quarter, Faubourg Marigny & Bywater, CBD & Warehouse District, Garden, Lower Garden & Central City, Uptown & Riverbend, Mid-City, the Tremé, and more