You are viewing a Country Guide
What is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Split by a hair-trigger border, the Korean Peninsula offers the traveller a dazzling range of experiences, beautiful landscapes and 5000 years of culture and history. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Korea, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet’s Koreais your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Explore the graceful Changdeokgung palace and horticultural idyll of Huwon, hike the dramatic volcanic landscape of Jeju-do and get dirty at the Boryeong Mud Festival – all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Korea and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Korea:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience – covering history, people, music, religion, cuisine, politics
Coverage Includes: Seoul, Incheon, Jeju-do, Gyeonggi-do, Gangwon-do, Cheongju, Gyeongsangbuk-do, Sokcho, Samcheok, Chungju, Daejeon, Gongju, Daegu, North Korea, Pyongyang, Panmunjom, the DMZ, and more