You are viewing a Country Guide
What is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Japan is truly timeless, a place where ancient traditions are fused with modern life as if it were the most natural thing in the world. Lonely Planet is your passport to Japan, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Find temples, teahouses and culture in Kyoto, relax in onsen after onsen, sample beautifully presented, sublime dishes; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Japan and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Japan Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Honest review for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – Japan Today, History, The People of Japan, Arts, Architecture & Gardens, Environment, Sport, Traditional Accommodation, Food, Drink, Onsen, Religion, Sumo
- Free, convenient pull-out city map (included in print version), plus over 139 colour maps
Coverage includes: Tokyo, Mt Fuji, The Japan Alps, Central Honshū, Kyoto, Kansai, Hiroshima, Western Honshū, Northern Honshū (Tōhoku), Sapporo, Hokkaidō, Shiko-ku, Kyūshū, Okinawa & the Southwest and more