our are viewing a Country Guide
What is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Ireland, a small island with a big reputation. Enjoy breath-taking landscapes and friendly, welcoming people – it’ll leave visitors floored but looking for more. Lonely Planet is your passport to Ireland with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Grab a Guinness in a buzzing Dublin pub, spot local fishermen off rugged Kerry coastlines, or explore the charming Wild Atlantic Way, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Ireland and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Ireland Travel Guide:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Honest review for all budgets — eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – history, the Irish way of life, music, Irish landscapes, politics, cuisine, local customs, outdoors pursuits, nightlife
- Free, convenient pull-out city map (included in print version), plus over 89 color maps
Coverage includes: Dublin, Wicklow & Kildare, Counties Wexford, Waterford, Carlow & Kilkenny, Cork, Kerry, Limerick & Tipperary, Clare, Galway, Mayo & Sligo, County Donegal, Belfast