You are viewing a City Guide
What is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Lonely Planet’s Dubai & Abu Dhabi is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Marvel at the Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building, wander the labyrinth of lanes and exotic souks in Bur Dubai and Deira, and shop for a new outfit before a night on the town – all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Dubai & Abu Dhabi and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Dubai & Abu Dhabi:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience – covering history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
Coverage Includes: Deira, Bur Dubai, Downtown Dubai, Jumeirah & Around, Dubai Marina & Palm Jumeirah, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Al Ain, UAE East Coast