You are viewing a Country Guide
What is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Bhutan is no ordinary place. It is the last great Himalayan kingdom, shrouded in mystery and magic, where a traditional Buddhist culture carefully embraces global developments. Lonely Planet is your passport to Bhutan, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Ascend the steep path the Taktshang Goemba, trek through fabled Himalayan vallyes, and get a blessing from a wooden phallus at the tsechu; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Bhutan and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Bhutan Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Honest review for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – Bhutan today, history, the Bhutanese way of life, Buddhism, arts, architecture, wildlife, environment, food, drink
Coverage includes: Thimphu, Western Bhutan, Central Bhutan, Eastern Bhutan, Treks and more